I know it’s a bit long overdue but it took me time to prepare my
acceptance speech excuse. I was overwhelmed by the appreciation I received the past weeks from fellow bloggers and I am deeply grateful for that. I am happy that this humble site, with all its imperfections, is being recognized.
A blog award is a token of appreciation pass on by bloggers. A blogger nominates several bloggers for the award and those nominated will nominate another set and so on. Some of you may find it fun while others, unfortunately, see it as just another form of chain letter. Whatever impression it gives, as a part of the blogging community, I feel responsible to pass it on and pay it forward. It feels good. When I got my first award, gosh, I felt like winning the Ms. Universe. You can check the story here.
Another excuse, if I may, I am not lazy for putting all the awards in just one post; I just don’t want to bombard your notifications with almost similar posts.
First is the VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD from Abee, Britt and Faraaz and Aneesa. I cannot find what the award really means but I guess, by its name, it means the blog covers various topics. The rules are to spill 7 facts about yourself and nominate 7 other bloggers.
Second is the LIEBSTER AWARD from Abu. This award is for
up and coming promising bloggers with less than 200 followers. I googled that Liebster means beloved in German. How cool is that? The rules are to spill 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions from your tagger and create 11 questions for your 11 nominees.
Third is the ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD from hodgepodge4thesoul, awapara, janesindiajournals and Denise Discovers. There are blogs out there that are simply lovely; so, this one goes to them. The rule is to spill 7 things about yourself and nominate 15 others.
Next up is the SUNSHINE AWARD from SpiritualWorldTraveler, B&W Bears and Les Petits Pas de Juls. I have to say this is my favorite for this award is for “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” I am truly happy that others see this little space of mine as inspiring. Thank you! The rule is to answer a set of 10 questions and nominate 10 other bloggers.
And finally, the VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER AWARD from Richa and Tushit of ourtravelpics. This award is for those who continue to inspire others through their writing, photos, or other activities they are interest in. The rule is to spill 7 facts and nominate 15 others.
And more… (Hurrah!)
What a way to start my week. Suzanne from The Travel Bunny made my day by sharing her Beautiful Blogger award to me. Do check out her site filled with awesome destinations and useful travel tips. Thank you Suzanne, and as always, happy travels!
I apologize but I have to bend some rules here. It is just difficult for me to spill some facts about myself (I just don’t know which is worth-sharing) so I will try to share a few. Moreover, I know there are a lot of beautiful and inspiring blogs out there but I want to make these awards more special by giving each award to a single blog.
FACTS ABOUT MYSELF:
1. I’m in love with words. Reading is my drug that creates my own world. I always seek meaningful solitude, and that’s exactly what reading brings me into. I may not be a good writer but it’s the only thing I can imagine myself doing for the rest of my life.
2. I’m in love with traveling not because I want to collect immigration stamps, photos, country banners or bragging rights; I want to travel because I want to know more. I like to see so much more beyond my small protected world. I travel to understand differences, to appreciate what I have and to share the inspirations I obtained along the way.
3. I’m in love with a man—my bestfriend, my confidante, my hero, my travel buddy, my cheerleader. I’m so much in love with this man that the usual cynic, detached and uncompromising me decided to tie the knot with him. I love this man to bits as long as I live.
So there. Now for the awarding…
1. The Versatile Blogger Award goes to *drumroll* rajniranjandas of Tales of a Nomad. What I like most about this blog is not just the travel photos but the comprehensive stories about them. Reading them makes me feel that I traveled to those destinations as well.
2. The Liebster Award goes to *drumroll* genkiduck of The JWs do Japan. She is an English teacher in Japan sharing her adventures about this amazing country, one that I miss dearly, one photo and story at a time. I admit, I follow her blog so that I will not forget this country who once took care of me. 本当にありがとうございます、genkiduck!
3. The One Lovely Blog Award goes to *drumroll* Melissa Not Dusting. Melissa constantly updates her lovely blog with lovely photos of nature. You will find colorful birds, beautiful flowers and cute creatures gracing her site. It’s a lovely reminder that even when the world is too big for us, little surprises are just within our reach, perhaps in our own backyard. When she’s not dusting, she explores.
4. The Sunshine Award goes to *drumroll* Jane Sees the World. Her detailed and personal stories about her travels in Asia will surely inspire you to map your own adventure. She also features beautifully captured photos of places she saw and people she met along the way. As she said, “the biggest thing [she] looks forward to is where [will she] go next,” you might also find yourself asking the same question when you visit her blog.
I don’t require those who received the award to follow thru this but I just want these blogs to receive it because they truly deserve it. Good job and thank you!