Tickets booked! Accommodation reservations almost done! I’m ready for Indonesia.
I have dreamed of seeing the temples on Yogyakarta and finally I’m almost there. I know I still have to wait for 2 months ’til December but I’m already excited. I want to arm myself with as much information and precautions as I can to make this trip really memorable.
I want to ask for your help. What are the things I MUST DO and AVOID while traveling around Bali and Yogyakarta (tips on transportation, dining, shopping, beach activities, etc.)?
Here is my itinerary:
Sanur (2 nights)
Take a ferry to Nusa Lembongan (1 night)
Back to the main island and go to Ubud (2 nights)
Take a flight from Denpasar to Yogyakarta (2 nights) to visit Borubudur and Prambanan.
Some specific questions:
1. Rent a car or take a taxi?
2. Which ferry should I take from Benoa port to Nusa Lembongan?
3. What are the things I shouldn’t miss in Ubud?
4. Should I book with travel agencies when I visit the temples of Yogyakarta?
5. Is it difficult to find a taxi very early in the morning and late at night?
I think this is also a good way to collate tips and guidelines for fellow travelers who might need additional information about Bali and Yogyakarta so you are free to pitch in your comments and recommendations.